Our attorneys discuss aspects of a wide variety of child injury cases—from swimming pool accidents to sexual abuse—in these blog posts. Follow our blog to learn about signs of abuse and neglect, when you should call a lawyer, and what you can do to hold the abuser accountable. Educate and prepare yourself for when the worst happens.
- Page 2
Negligent Hiring Common in Sexual Abuse Cases Attorney Kim Cullen discusses an adult sexual abuse case in Montana involving the negligent hiring of a college professor, who had a history of sexual abuse.
Florida Needs Limitations Window Like Georgia for Child Sex Abuse Attorney Kim Cullen talks about the recent adjustment to the Georgia statute of limitations regarding child sexual abuse and why Florida should make a similar one.
For Sex Abuser, Background Check Alone is Not Enough Organizations that fail to properly screen or monitor their employees' interactions with children can be held liable for injuries suffered by child sexual abuse victims.
Those Hired to Work With Children Need Thorough Background Checks Winter Park attorney Kim Cullen provides tips for protecting your loved ones from sexual predators and abuse.
Will my child be called to testify? Whether a child will be called to testify will largely be determined by how old the child is, and what kind of claim you are pursuing.
First Sandusky Sexual Abuse Lawsuit Brought In State Court It comes as no surprise, really, that media outlets are reporting that the first Pennsylvania state court lawsuit has been filed by a Sandusky victim against Penn State University.
What NOT To Do If Your Organization Is Facing Child Sex Abuse Allegations Orlando child sex abuse attorney Kim Cullen discusses the things any organization should NOT do when faced with allegations of child sexual abuse.
How Rigorous Was Background Check By Daycare Of Accused Pedophile? As a Florida child sexual abuse attorney, I know that a thorough background check is critical. A thorough background check means more than just glancing at someone's resume.
Is Amnesty For Felons Working In Daycares A Good Idea? For felons who are granted exemptions, there is no requirement to parents or families that their children are being cared for by convicted criminals.
What Did Lake County Daycare Know About Employee Accused of Child Sex Abuse? DCF officials say that they believe that the owner and operator of the daycare knew about these allegations, but did not report the accusations as required by law.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
- Posted on 09/10/2018 How Are Civil and Criminal Child Sex Abuse Cases Different?
- Posted on 05/14/2018 What Every Florida Parent Needs to Know About Child Abuse and Neglect
- Posted on 05/14/2018 The Child Sexual Abuse Information Every Florida Parent Needs to Read
- ?Does A Sexual Abuse Perpetrator Have To Be Convicted Of A Sex Crime In Order To Claim Money Damages? Does A Sexual Abuse Perpetrator Have To Be Convicted Of A Sex Crime In Order To Claim Money Damages?
- ?How are child injury cases different than cases involving adults? How are child injury cases different than cases involving adults?
- ?My child was injured in a car crash. What do I need to do? My child was injured in a car crash. What do I need to do?