Our attorneys discuss aspects of a wide variety of child injury cases—from swimming pool accidents to sexual abuse—in these blog posts. Follow our blog to learn about signs of abuse and neglect, when you should call a lawyer, and what you can do to hold the abuser accountable. Educate and prepare yourself for when the worst happens.
- Page 4
Cover Up Of Child Sexual Abuse By Sanford Mission Almost Worse Than Abuse Itself As an Orlando child sex abuse lawyer, it is my opinion that the cover up in situations like this one is almost as injurious to the abused children as the original acts of abuse are.
Who Was Watching During Child Sexual Assault In Church? Orlando's Channel 9 news recently reported about two Jacksonville men who had been arrested on charges of sexual battery and lewd and lascivious conduct.
Employee Using Hearse For Child Sexual Abuse Puts Funeral Home At Risk In our experience, there is almost always a pattern of behavior leading to these tragic acts — but somebody has to have their eyes open.
Should Government Share Some Liability For Death Of Teen On Aloma? Central Florida was shocked by the recent news of the tragic wrongful death of Kason Bailey, a 17-year old Winter Park High School football player.
Self-Confessed Pedophile Church Worker Admits To Sexual Contact With Boys Orlando resident Jerry Nickelson confessed to FBI agents that he had sexual relations with at least seven underage boys over the past 20 years.
Florida Eliminates Statute of Limitations On Child Sex Abuse Cases Florida House Bill 525 which eliminated the statute of limitations on both criminal and civil claims relating to children under the age of 16.
Sanford Child Molester Case Show Why Child Sex Abuse Cases Are So Tough This case -- like many similar cases -- amounts to a child's word versus an adult's word about what happened. Testifying in court is notoriously difficult for children under ideal circumstances.
Lakeland Church Youth Worker Charged With Sexual Abuse A 45-year old Lakeland man who worked in youth programs for the Church of Christ was arrested over the weekend and charged with lewd molestation.
Former Palm Bay Scout Leader Arrested On Child Pornography Charges Law enforcement became focused on Mr. Brigham late last year when a New Hampshire police officer posing as a 14-year old boy on the Internet received requests.
Orlando Catholic Dioceses Settles Stalking Priest Lawsuit The Catholic Diocese recently paid an undisclosed amount of money to a woman who used to live in Lakeland to settle a lawsuit she brought involving a priest she said was stalking her.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
- Posted on 09/10/2018 How Are Civil and Criminal Child Sex Abuse Cases Different?
- Posted on 05/14/2018 What Every Florida Parent Needs to Know About Child Abuse and Neglect
- Posted on 05/14/2018 The Child Sexual Abuse Information Every Florida Parent Needs to Read
- ?Does A Sexual Abuse Perpetrator Have To Be Convicted Of A Sex Crime In Order To Claim Money Damages? Does A Sexual Abuse Perpetrator Have To Be Convicted Of A Sex Crime In Order To Claim Money Damages?
- ?How are child injury cases different than cases involving adults? How are child injury cases different than cases involving adults?
- ?My child was injured in a car crash. What do I need to do? My child was injured in a car crash. What do I need to do?