Oftentimes we get clients who come into our office after being in a bicycle accident. There are times where the accident involves hitting a pothole or other obstruction, but more often than that our clients are involved in a bicycle accident with a car. 

There are a few different ways you can file an insurance claim after a bicycle accident. For example, if you are riding a bike and injured in an accident with a car you are most likely entitled to personal injury protection (PIP) benefits. You would be entitled to these benefits either from your own coverage or the coverage of the person who hit you. 

Another insurance you could possibly file a claim against would be bodily injury liability coverage from the car that hit you. Bodily injury liability coverage covers injury claims that someone else causes; however, not everyone in Florida has bodily injury liability coverage because it is not required by law. 

The third insurance benefit you might be entitled to is uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. If you are injured by someone who has little to no insurance but you have uninsured motorist insurance on your insurance policy then you can file a claim against that coverage. You don’t have to be injured in a vehicle to use this coverage. Additionally, If you live with a blood relative who has uninsured motorist insurance, and you don’t, then you could file a claim against your relative’s insurance policy for your accident.  

If you have any questions about your personal injury case or filing an insurance claim, please feel free to reach out to us. You can call us at 407-254-4901 or text us at 407-644-4444. We are always happy to offer a no obligation, free consultation to discuss your case with you. 

Kim Cullen
Connect with me
Central Florida Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Attorney
Post A Comment

Get Help Now

Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your case. Hablamos Espanol.