Many of our clients are involved in car accidents that require them to seek medical attention and legal counsel. When our clients are involved in an accident in a work vehicle we always advise them of a few extra steps they must take to make sure they are taken care of medically and financially. 

The first thing you should do if you’re involved in an accident in a work vehicle is contact law enforcement because you will need a police report. The second thing you must do is notify your employer that you were involved in an accident. A worker’s compensation claim will be opened for you and they are very particular about when you reported the accident. Next you will want to seek medical treatment. Worker’s compensation will have a right to say where you can go and how often you can go for treatment. Just make sure you follow up with your doctor and go to your appointments. You will also need to report your accident to your insurance company. You may be entitled to additional benefits beyond worker’s compensation depending on the type of personal car insurance you have. When you hire an attorney, the attorney will want to put the at-fault driver on notice that you may be filing a lawsuit. If you are successful in your personal injury lawsuit then you may have to repay the worker’s compensation coverage they allotted for you. You must remember that you are responsible for pursuing a claim against the at-fault driver. Your employer or worker’s compensation will not pursue the claim for you. 

If you have any questions about a car accident whether you were in a work vehicle or not, please call us at 407-254-4901 or text us at 407-644-4444. You can even email us at [email protected]. We are always happy to offer a no obligation, free consultation to discuss your case with you. 

If you have other questions, you can visit our YouTube channel at, where we have hundreds of videos that answer questions similar to this one. Our website,, also has blog posts and legal articles on a variety of personal injury issues.

Kim Cullen
Connect with me
Central Florida Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Attorney
Post A Comment

Get Help Now

Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your case. Hablamos Espanol.