Unfortunately, no. Back in the late 1970’s, insurance companies convinced the Florida Legislature to pass what has come to be known as the “non-joinder” statute. You can read it here. Essentially, the statute says that insurance companies cannot be named as parties in lawsuits where someone is being blamed for causing injuries or damages. Before that time, an injured party could sue both the negligent party, and the negligent party’s insurance company, so jurors could know whether the verdict they were rendering was going to be paid by an individual or a large insurance company. Furthermore, a long line of court decisions dating back to the late 1920’s stand for the notion that whether a negligent party has liability insurance is irrelevant to the issues in a standard liability case. It appears for the foreseeable future that jurors will continue to be uninformed about whether a defendant in a negligence case has insurance.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Please fill out the form below, and we will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your case. Hablamos Espanol.
- Posted on 12/09/2019 What If The Value Of My Car Is Diminished After A Car Crash?
- Posted on 11/25/2019 Life, Liberty, and the Law - Volume 55
- Posted on 11/18/2019 What You Need To Know About Event Insurance (Aside From What It is)
- Two Major Surgeries After Rear-End Accident $450,000.00
- Wrongful Death Resulting From Medical Negligence Confidential
- Wrongful Death Resulting From Workplace Accident $2.6 M
- Posted on 01/23/2020No ER After Your Florida Car Accident, No Problem!
- Posted on 01/17/2020What is a Personal Injury Protection Deductible?
- Posted on 01/06/2020How Long Do I Have To Bring A Claim After A Car Accident?
- They are the people to go to to make sure that your wrongs have been righted, and bring justice you in the most efficient way. Jeremy A.
- What sets Bob and Kim apart is the fact that they are who they say they are. They truly are interested in their clients, and seeking the best possible outcome for their clients. Chuck B.
- They looked us in the eye when they spoke to us, and showed genuine care for what my daughter was going through. They were very kind to us. Reina C.