When insurance company practices make the headlines, it’s not usually for doing good. If you have questions about a news story related to one of your insurers, turn to our news page for our analysis of the events and our advice on what policyholders should do. You can trust us to provide trustworthy, balanced facts from a legal standpoint.
- Page 1
Good News For Florida Homeowners With Chinese Drywall ProblemsAccording to this piece on the Fox News Orlando, a judge in Hillsborough County, Florida, has ruled that standard homeowners insurance should cover damage to a home caused by defective Chinese Drywall.
Seminole Casualty and AequiCap Insurance Face InsolvencyThere was no mention in the story regarding how these companies found themselves owing more money than they had in assets -- whether is was due to mismanagement, bad investments, or the like.
- Posted on 10/12/2018 What To Do If A Hurricane Has Damaged Your Home Or Other Property
- Posted on 01/02/2013 Court Forces Homeowners Insurance Carrier To Pay For Total Loss To Home Caused By Hurricane Wind Damage
- Posted on 01/02/2013 Florida Farm Bureau Casualty Ins. Co. v. Mathis, (Fla. 1st DCA 2010)
- Posted on 04/05/2021How To Make Sure You Know About All Available Insurance Coverage After Your Car Accident
- Posted on 03/31/2021What You Should Do If An Adjuster Denies Liability On Your Personal Injury Case?
- Posted on 03/26/2021Do Insurance Companies Want To Settle Cases Out Of Court?